July 31. – August 02. 2019 in Pärnu County.
International Estonian Naturism Lake Camp is an opportunity to spend time with family and friends, and also get to know new people and engage in different activities according to your interests. Lake Camp is multilingual, You can communicate in Estonian, English, Russian and Finnish. Lake Camp takes places without any concern for the weather 🙂
This year’s lake camp is second in line and it will once again take place in the Lake Tõhela Holiday Village, such was the wish of last year’s participants. This was due to the fact that one weekend was simply too short a time to enjoy all the Lake Camps opportunities, and as all of the participants had the wonderful feeling of a total “time out”, they wanted to experience it again. In Lake Tõhela Holiday Village, you can spend a real holiday regardless of the weather.
Last year’s Lake Camp also proved this – although the weather could have been sunnier and warmer, the campers had a lot of fun and the sauna worked practically around the clock, as the participants continued to sauna and socialize until the early hours of the morning. The sounds of the swans nesting on the lake, and the flapping of their wings, gave the real sense of being close to nature. To the delight of every visitor, Lake Tõhela Holiday Village has a warm, homey feel to it and the best part – the water, of the lowest lake known in Estonia, is as warm as a bath.
In naturism, being naked is not mandatory, so you can bring family members who are not comfortable being naked outside of their immediate family circle, with you.
Lake Tõhela Holiday Village has a sauna, summer houses, caravan parking places, and camping ground, also barbecue facilities and a playground for children. There are possibilities for outdoor sports – boats, canoes, water bicycles and it is also possible to rent fishing equipment and motors for boats, towels, etc. Lake Tõhela Holiday Village with its 1.5-hectare area is located 40 km from the center of Pärnu. It is located in a nature reserve, on the shores of the fish-rich Lake Tõhela, with an area of 338,5 hectares and a maximum depth of 1.5 m. It is also an area rich for birds.
The Lake Camp is a naked recreation event, where all the activities taking place will depend on the campsite opportunities and the participants freely planned program. Participants will be able to introduce their lifestyle and offer a program to others and instruct participants in different activities – for example, such as body painting, massage, yoga, dance, etc.
If you wish, these activities can be filmed or photographed and you can share the material in the Naturism.Network, Naturist.Holiday environment or on the Lake Camp reportage.
The Sauna sits 10 m from the lakeshore. The front room fits ~10 people and the steam room 5 people. There is a kitchenette, WC and a shower.
In front of the sauna (outside) there is a campfire sight and a table with benches for sitting. The sauna firewood is included in the ticket price. There is no time limit and no limit to how many times you can use the sauna. Heating the sauna to 100 degrees will take about 30 minutes. It takes approximately a half of a basket of firewood to get a temperature of 100 degrees in the Sauna.
Tõhela Lake is 1.5 m deep and gets as warm as a bath with sunny weather. The sauna is located ~10m from the shore of the lake and therefore it is good to cool off after the sauna.
Watercraft usage, such as water bikes, canoes, and boats, is included in the ticket price. You can rent a motor for the boat 24h/20 EUR.
Lake Tõhela is a favorite for the local fishermen. In fact, the whole idea of creating a holiday village was born from the local fisherman’s needs – they needed accommodation and sauna and so they approached the landowner with a proposal. There are pike, perch, roach, ling, and bream in the lake. Fishing equipment is not included in the participant’s fee. You can rent for an extra fee: regular fishing line (4 €/24h), spinning (4 €/24h), scoop-net (4 €/24h).
Usually, there are masseurs among naturists. Last year there were two masseurs with a massage table among the participants. This year, if the weather is suitable, there is a plan to organize social, so-called ring, train, pair, and group massage.
Anyone can be either a painter or a canvas. You can bring your own paints and brushes or buy on the spot.
Sports and playground
There are a volleyball court and a children’s playground and swings. Also possible to play petanque. If there is interest, we can arrange a run in the lake, a race for watercraft vehicles and a towing contest.
There are facilities for barbecuing at all the summer houses (6) – including grill rods. At the Sauna there is a bigger grill and smoke oven. The barbecuing facilities are included in the ticket prices. The firewood, barbecue charcoal, and ignition fluid cost extra. NB! The Sauna firewood can’t be used for barbecuing.
There are 3 bonfire places – one is situated on the lake shore and two are elsewhere on the campsite.
Nightlife during night peace
The night’s peace lasts 23:00-07:00. Caring for the environment and others is the ABC of naturism. Therefore the usual noise of a party and loud music is not appropriate in the Lake Camp. In the evening, lights will illuminate the road, from the summerhouses to the sauna, this creates a bit of a romantic atmosphere. In the saunas lobby, 10 people can sit around the table and outside the sauna there are 3 tables with benches around them and also a grill and a bonfire place. Last year the socialising and sauna continued until the early hours of the morning.
Photo- and videography
Photo- and videographers, reporters, and bloggers certified by the organizer create media material in collaboration with models and other participants interested. The materials (pictures, video clips, interviews, and articles) will be used in portfolios, for naturism and nude recreation marketing and follow-up marketing. Also for creating naturist shows, music videos and for upgrading nude recreation images and video bank.
Regular participants can only take pictures for non-commercial purposes, in other words for personal use only. No one can be photographed or filmed without asking their permission first.
NB! Read the rules below: Filming and taking pictures and using the produced material!
The ticket prices does not include catering. Everyone tends to their own catering. In the sauna and in two of the summer houses (for 7 people) there is also a small kitchenette.
There are facilities for barbecuing at all the summer houses and at the sauna – grills and grill rods. You can buy firewood, barbecue charcoal and ignition fluid for an extra fee. There is also a shop, about 10 km from the Lake Camp.
In Lake Tõhela Holiday Village there are:
- 6 summer houses with 30 beds, many of which are wide enough for two people. There is also a possibility to fit extra beds;
- 20 tent places on the lakeshore;
- 10 caravan places (electricity available, by the lake);
- ~ 50 car parking spaces (cars can also be parked near the summer house).
The number of tickets is limited and tickets are sold only in the Fienta.com ticket sales environment https://fienta.com/naturism2020
The organizer can end the ticket sale before the initially planned final sale date for any reason. By purchasing a ticket you confirm that you are familiar with the Lake Camp opportunities, the terms of participation, and the naturist etiquette and that you agree with all of them. The same goes for all of the companions who participate with the buyers ticket. Without permission, you will not take any pictures or films and you are responsible for your own safety.
As Naturism is communal, sociable, and family based, we take this into account upon the ticket sales. The idea is that families and friends could stick together, so we sell summer house, camping, and caravan tickets, which also include a certain amount of people’s participation fee. For those staying in their cars or elsewhere, we sell passports for 1-2 people. Children with their parents are free of charge.
House no. 1 – no. 4 (up to 6 participants per house)
With 4 beds (including 2 bunk beds) up to 6 people can be fitted – includes participation fee for up to 6 people. Furniture, kettle, fridge, el. radiator, 230V socket. Pillow and blanket for 4, entry fee for up to 6, use of barbecue facilities, sauna, shower and other territory facilities (including watercraft).
House no. 5
30 m2, 3 rooms, WC, mini kitchen. Booked for Finnish naturist association Luonnonmukaiset ry. They also used it last year.
House no. 6 (up to 9 participants)
22m2, 1 room with 7 beds, a fold-out sofa in the middle of the room- 2 extra bed places, furniture, WC with sink, mini kitchen, 230V socket. Barbecues next to the house. Pillow and blanket for 7, participation fee for up to 9, use of sauna, shower and territory facilities (including watercraft).
Tent place (up to 4 participants per tent)
Includes participation fee for up to 4 people, use of sauna, shower, mini kitchen, DC and WC, barbecues and other, territory facilities (including water craft). NB! Does not include a tent.
Passport (for 1-2 participants)
A passport is a ticket for those who do not have a house, tent, caravan ticket, camp accommodation.
The passport guarantees access to the Lake Camp area from July 31, 15:00 – August 02, 18:00. NB! Night peace 23:00 – 07:00. Includes the use of outdoor toilets and other territory facilities (including watercraft). You can spend the night in your car or outside the Lake Camp area, or make a deal with a fellow participant, who has room in his/her house, caravan or tent.
10 caravan places. Caravan ticket includes participation fee for up to 4 people. You can choose your own parking space.
There are parking places for approximately 50 cars in the Lake Camp territory. You can choose your own parking space.
EXTRA SERVICES / Additives of the Lake Camp
- Bag of firewood (40 liters) 5 € (You can’t use Sauna wood for bonfires).
- Bag of barbecue charcoal (14 liters) 5 €
- Ignition fluid (1 bottle) 3 €
- Matches are for free.
- Towel (24h) 1 €
- Fishing equipment rent: regular fishing line (4 €/24h), spinning (4 €/24h), scoop-net (4 €/24h).
- Body Paint & Brush Set (20-40 €).
CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATION
- All the information provided upon buying the ticket is correct (personal data and all other required information).
- A participant must follow the laws of the Republic of Estonia as well as the internationally recognized good customs.
- A participant must follow the Naturists Etiquette and the general conditions for participation.
- For registering yourself at the Camp you need your ID- card or another document with a picture (such as a driver’s license).
- Ensure the safety of your health and possessions and notify the organizer when you leave the Lake Camp.
- Naturism is communal – if you act indifferent towards other participants safety and privacy, this will be considered as breaking the naturist etiquette, as well as the conditions for participation.
- Although the organizer does everything in his power to ensure the safety and privacy of all participants of the Lake Camp, the participants should take into consideration the fact that there is never a 100% guarantee that he/she will not be recorded while being nude in public. Ensuring privacy greatly depends on the actions or inactions of all the individuals participating and on Your own behaviour as well. There is also the today’s technology which makes it possible to take pictures or film from great distances. If You want to be a 100% certain that You will not be filmed or photographed nude in public, You should avoid it altogether.
- You are financially responsible for any material damage You cause to others. Depending on the extent of the damage the claim for damages must be satisfied either on the spot or within 5 days of the event.
- A participant who lacks discipline or disturbs others with his/her behavior will be removed from the event.
Rules of the Tõhela Lake Camp
- Night peace on the territory 23:00-07:00.
- The property of the Holiday Village is to be treated prudently.
- Smoking indoors is forbidden. Throwing fag-ends on the ground is also forbidden.
- If there should be a violation of rules (loud music, vandalism, etc.) and things get out of hand (participants disobey, despite admonition), the owner of the property has the right to end the event immediately. There will be no refunds.
- In the event of any damage to buildings, property or landscaping the person responsible for the damage will have to pay for it according to the owner’s invoice presented by the owner.
- The owner, nor the organizer is not responsible for any accidents that may occur when not following the rules of use and safety.
- The use of candles and live fire is permitted only by prior agreement and at a designated place.
- It is forbidden to defecate, urinate, or vomit in places not intended for this purpose!
The Naturist Etiquette
- For a Naturist being naked in public is voluntary and normal;
- A Naturist does not violate public order and is not naked outside of his/her home or the naturism environment if it can disturb others or is against the law;
- Naturist cares for himself/herself and for others as well as for the environment. He or She acts friendly, respectfully and responsibly;
- Naturist takes care of his/her cleanliness and also stands for a clean environment and always cleans up after himself/herself;
- A true naturist is community supporting, by nature and does everything in his/her power to ensure a friendly and safe Naturistic environment for everyone;
- Naturist treats everyone as equals whatever their characteristics, gender, age, skin color, religion, etc.;
- Naturist doesn’t disdain or criticize anyone’s looks or body;
- Naturist doesn’t exhibit sexual arousal and has sex in privacy;
- For hygienic reasons a naturist always uses a towel to sit on while being naked;
- Naturist doesn’t take drugs or drink strong alcohol while being in a Naturism environment. While drinking light alcohol naturist doesn’t get visibly drunk and doesn’t disturb others;
- Naturist doesn’t take pictures or film without permission;
- Naturist doesn’t use cameras or smartphones in a naturist environment. If using a mobile phone is unavoidable the cameras must be covered with a read dot-sticker.
What happens when You break the Naturist Etiquette?
The Naturists Etiquette is based on generally accepted good manners and therefore should be unmistakably clear for anyone. If at any time you feel that you don’t know how to act, you should ask for advice from the organizer of the event or the other Naturist community members. If an infringement has occurred by an honest mistake you should apologize to the others and explain yourself. If you see someone else breaking the Naturists Etiquette you should friendly point it out to them, because the safety and wellbeing of everyone in the Naturism environment rest on all of us.
If the etiquette is knowingly, seriously or repeatedly violated it could result with a fine, indemnification and you could be banned from the Naturism.Network environment and get a mark about the fact on your naturist identity (RealiD.World), and you will not be able to participate in the events organized by Estonian Naturism. Unauthorized photography, filming, and/or the disclosure of material are also considered significant violations.
Filming and taking pictures and using the produced material
- When using the camera you need to obey the personal data protection law, the copyright law, and the organizers instructions.
- No one can be photographed or filmed without their consent.
- Before publicizing photos or videos the people on the pictures or videos need to give their consent.
- Filming and picture-taking must occur publicly in order for the participants to be able to avoid being filmed on photographed if they wish.
- When a participant is posing for the camera (including the Group photos) it is considered as consent for recording. However additional consent, form all those in the picture/on the film, is required for publishing the material.
- For commercial purposes, only specifically authorized photographers and videographers are allowed to take pictures or film at the event. While using a camera, It is mandatory for the authorized photographers to wear a neck card, which they get from the organizer. The card will have their picture, full name, naturist.network user name, and their web page address on it.
- Ordinary participants, that is to say, those who are not certified by the organizer for photography and video activities may take pictures and film only for non-commercial or personal use. Personal use is considered to be travel memorabilia that is shown to family and friends, including the Naturism.Network user profile album that only friends can see. While doing so, in the description of the picture, Lake Tõhela Holiday Village, and the event’s name (Estonian Naturism Lake Camp 2020) must be mentioned. The picture may be used in other ways if it has been agreed in advance with the exhibitor and the event organizer.
- Photographers must have a written model contract and they have to provide a copy of it to the organizer (a picture of the contract.
- If there is a complaint from a participant, or there is any suspicion that rules have been broken by a participant while taking a photo or filming, the organizer of an authorized security guard has the right to see the photo album in the other party’s tablet, phone or camera, and demand that the recorded material is deleted immediately. Upon such a case, the organizer has the right to remove that person from the event.
- In case of breaking the rules for using a camera, picture or video, the organizer has the right to claim a penal fine in addition to damages. The penal fine is € 1000 if the violator is a regular participant and € 3000 if the violator is a contractual partner or a company.
REGISTRATION TO THE LAKE CAMP
In order for the organizer to have an overview of the number of participants and the need for car parking, please let us know after purchasing the ticket. Because of the Tourism Act and the safety of the participants, it is required that upon registration at the sight you present your ID and fill in a form with the following data:
- First and last name
- Public name (Artist name / Naturism.Network username)
- Date of birth
- Communication languages
- Home address
- Make, model, number and color of vehicle
- Place of stay (house number / tent / car / caravan / other)
- Name, date of birth and nationality of spouse and minor participating in the Lake Camp.
In addition, a Lake Tõhela Holiday Village visitor card must be filled in on sight. Depending on the number of participants, the organizer may give the participants a wristband that confirms the right to stay on the site. Depending on the number of tents, the organizer may assign a number to the tent.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZER
The lake camp is organized by Estonian Naturism, which is run by Lifestyles Marketing OÜ. The main organizer Don Simon Tompel is a visionary, a creator of collaboration and marketing solutions, developer, software architect, a marketer and promoter for a nature-friendly lifestyle and international naked recreation. He is also a founder and a developer for the social network web-site Naturism.Network and the founder, developer, and moderator of the Naturist.Holiday tourism portal.
He is the initiator, coordinator and creator of the next generation Naturest Culture and creator of new-format Naturest Festival. He has organized more than 170 events over 7 years. In addition he is also the founder, product developer, software architect, and chief administrator of the identity service RealiD.World.
- Estonian Naturism – promoter of Estonian naturism, organizer of international naturism events.
- Lifestyles Marketing – collaboration and marketing solutions, personal and lifestyle marketing, operating web environments for different lifestyles, event organizing, media production, lifestyle image, and video bank.
- Naturism.Network – a social network for naturists, communities, service providers, marketers, artists…
- Naturist.Holiday – an international tourism portal for naturism, naked holidays. Web and mobile app.
- Naturism.Marketing – a global naturism marketing cooperation network (market research, statistics, contests, marketing events, picture and video bank, business contacts).
- RealiD.World – identity and user management service, also used by Naturism.Network and Naturist.Holiday (Naturism-ID). This also allows a naturist to create a secure naturist identity and use it both online and offline. It also makes it possible to log on to different environments with the same identity.
- Naturest Culture – next-generation naturism, which is based on the principles of the ancient nature-culture, nature-friendly and healthy lifestyle and modern naturism concept, the main aim of which is to promote a green and healthy mindset, a welfare society, public health, culture, and tourism.
- Naturest Festival – a joint marketing campaign for participating countries; and a nationwide series of events offered by program organizers in participating countries. Within the festival, competing entries for the Naturest Marketing Awards will be created. The winning country will host the next Naturest Festival in their own country.
Estonian Naturism Lake Camp 2019 in the media
11.08.2019 TV Kanal 2 Reporter: Naked recreationist made history in Pärnu https://tv.postimees.ee/6750635/reporter-alasti-puhkajad-tegid-parnus-ajalugu
16.08.2019 Newspaper Eesti Päevaleht LP: Alasti tõde. Naturistid paljastavad, miks tasub riided seljast heita https://epl.delfi.ee/lp/alasti-tode-naturistid-paljastavad-miks-tasub-riided-seljast-heita?id=87132619
10.09.19 TV Kanal 2 Reporter: In Pärnumaa the first international gathering of Estonian Naturists community took place https://tv.postimees.ee/6774853/reporter-parnumaal-peeti-esimene-rahvusvaheline-eesti-naturismi-kogukonna-kokkutulek
Estonian Naturism videos
- Lake Tõhela Holiday Village / Tõhela Järve Puhkeküla.
- Köössa-Mardi talu, Männikuste küla, Pärnu.
- Google Maps https://qrgo.page.link/T3ENK
- GPS: 24°0’30” E, 58°25’8” N
- Phone +372 51 45000
Lake Tõhela Holiday Village, which is about 40 km from the center of Pärnu, is located in Männikuste village near the 15th kilometre post on Kalli-Tõstmaa road. There are signposts leading the way.
NB! Important information for when you plan to take a naked vacation in tõhela outside of the Estonian Naturism Lake Camp. The Lake Tõhela Holiday Village is a public area used by local fishermen and villagers. If you wish to use it for private and nude recreation, the whole territory must be rented. Also, it is forbidden to be on the territory without the permission of the owner.
LAKE CAMP 2020 – INFORMATION AND PROMO MATERIALS
- Estonian Naturism Lake Camp 2020 info (PDF)
- Estonian Naturism Lake Camp 2020 A4 poster (PDF)
- Estonian Naturism Lake Camp 2019 reportage (PDF)
NB! Contribute to the development and popularization of naturism! Share this post with your friends and acquaintances – who might also be interested in naturism. Thank you! 🙂